12V 1amp 3 Stage Charger
12 Volt 3 Stage SLA Battery Charger
- Full 3 stage charger not just a batter maintainer
- Switch-mode power for better efficiency and reliability
- Multiple output cords ring-terminal for permanent mount or battery clamps
- Three color charge indicator
- Reverse polarity protected
12 Volt Wall Charger 1Amp 3 Stage SLA Battery Charger
The Adventure Power 1A Charger/Maintainer charges and maintains Sealed Lead Acid batteries in boats, motorcycles, ATVs, snowmobiles, watercraft and other vehicles. This charger is small, lightweight and safely maintains battery charge while in storage with out having to disconnect from the vehicle.
Over time a vehicle battery will lose charge if not in use. A battery maintainer or charger typically keeps your car, motorcycle, scooter or other vehicle battery maintained and healthy. This is especially helpful when the battery will not be used for a long period of time.
Modern "smart" charger and maintainers automatically switch themselves from charger to maintainer when the battery reaches its full charge. The maintainer will send a small electrical current (trickle charge) to keep the battery at 100% charge. This will maintain the battery until the next use.
Three Stage Charge Cycle
An integrated circuit monitors and controls both the output voltage and current of the charger through three separate charge states:
- A high current, fast charge state: battery charges at 2,000 mA fast charger current rate until the battery voltage reaches 14.6 volts.
- A topping charge state: battery charges at 14.6 volt constant voltage and current begins to taper until current is less than 500 mA.
- A precision float charge state: the charger changes to the float state and holds the battery voltage at 13.6 volts continuous. This allows the charger to remain connected to the batteries during periods of non-use, keeping the batteries in the state of full charge.
- Return to Bulk charge: should the battery voltage drop to 13 volts, the charger will return to the bulk charge stage.
- Short-circuit protection – protects the charger from short-circuit damage
- Over Current protection – protects the charger from over-current demand
- Over Voltage protection – protects the batteries from damage
- Battery Polarity Reversal – protects the charger and batteries against incorrectly installed batteries
- Low Battery Voltage – when the battery is 8V, the charger will not operate and the battery needs to be replaced